See the latest upcoming events, information and happenings.
- This event has passed.
Healthy Horses & Land expo
May 2, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
An informative and fun day out for horse lovers
NRM South in conjunction with NRM North invites you to a free mini expo at Pontville Equestrian Centre during Saturday 2nd May from 9am to 4:30pm and a Q&A session with speakers at a casual BBQ dinner 5 – 8 pm.
Meet and listen to equine experts and discuss topics including: Laminitis management, planned grazing, foraging behaviour, dung beetle management, horse massage, weed control and more!
Internationally respected speaker Mariette van den Berg will present on foraging behaviour, planning your pasture and horse nutrition.
This program can help you:
* Better understand the relationship between healthy land and healthy animals
* Learn how to get the best from your pasture
* Find out more about your horse’s foraging behaviour
* Learn how to manage your biosecurity risk and how best to control weeds on your property.
* Chat to other horse lovers, share ideas and hear others’ experiences
THE DAY WILL INCLUDE:
* Presentations delivered by specialists on healthy horses and healthy land
* An opportunity to speak directly with local, national and international experts including DPIPWE staff and vets
* Information tailored to the needs and requirements of Tasmanian horse owners.
* A wealth of information on managing natural resources
* Trade stalls with information to take home including presentation handouts
* Free parking
* Delicious morning, tea, lunch & afternoon tea
* The opportunity to finish the day with an informal BBQ and Q&A session with speakers who can help with questions.
Lunch, morning & afternoon tea available for purchase for $15 on the day. BBQ dinner $15 extra payable on the day. All catering proceeds go to Brighton CWA and Brighton Rotary Club. When registering please indicate if you intend to stay for the BBQ dinner.
Register here or further information for this free event please contact Holly Hansen at NRM South – [email protected]
Ph: Tuesdays and Wednesday 0429 168 518, by Monday 27th April.