This project oversaw the establishment of a five-year captive management strategy for the Tasmanian Quoll Conservation Program.
In May 2020, NRM South was contracted by the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environmen for an 18-month project to oversee the establishment of a five-year captive management strategy for the Tasmanian Quoll Conservation Program. This program manages captive breeding of eastern and spotted tail quolls in Tasmania.
Tasmanian State Government
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
- Development of a project management plan,
- Provided support for the preparation of breeding recommendations,
- Completed a final management strategy that will direct the program for the next five years
- Finalised a draft strategy and action plan for the Tasmanian Quoll Conservation Program.
- Working with the TQCP partners, breeding recommendations for spotted-tailed and eastern quolls were made and submitted to NRE Tasmania and the Steering Committee.